Leeds Beckett University is one of the most popular universities in the UK with more than 29,000 students studying a Leeds Beckett qualification in the UK and overseas. We offer quality teaching in an exciting learning environment and an unforgettable student experience. With more than 125 undergraduate and more than 180 postgraduate and professional programmes for you to choose from, we’re sure we have the course for you.
We employ expert academics who maintain close links with industry to ensure that you leave us with the latest skills, knowledge and professional accreditation that your choice of career demands. 94.1% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduating. (Source: Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2013/14). Many of our courses have been accredited by leading professional bodies, ensuring that they provide the latest industry knowledge and training.
Our graduates have successfully secured jobs across the world. At Leeds Beckett University we understand that your academic studies are only part of what makes you attractive to potential employers. Therefore whilst you are studying with us we will provide many opportunities for you to enhance your employability in other ways:
- Working while you study – if your visa allows, you may be able to work part-time in the UK. Our University’s Job Shop is a large student employment agency providing many hours of paid work to our students.
- Gaining work experience – many courses offer the opportunity to complete a work placement, work on live projects, or carry out research for industry or voluntary organisations to help give you that extra competitive edge when you graduate.
- Developing skills valued by employers – our academics have close links with industry to ensure you graduate with the latest skills and knowledge that your choice of career demands.
- Accreditation – we offer many courses which are accredited by industry professional bodies. On completion of these degrees you will be able to gain membership of the relevant professional body.
- Volunteering – We are committed to helping communities locally and around the world through volunteering projects which are a great opportunity for you to gain knowledge and experience while enhancing your CV. We also offer course-related volunteering opportunities.
- Careers Service – Our dedicated jobs and careers team offers expert advice and a host of resources to help you choose and find a job.
Ranked 1st in the UK for Virtual Learning Environment, technology and online library. Top five in the world for personal tutors, Virtual Learning Environment, physical and online libraries, technology, learning spaces, laboratories, course organisation, campus buildings and internet access (in university accommodation) (Source: International Student Barometer, Summer Wave 2015. This is an independent survey of 69 institutions worldwide, of which 51 are in the UK).